- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
Truck drivers count seeing America from the cabs of their rigs as one of the main...
In the pantheon of North American heavy trucks few models have enjoyed as much status and...
Every driver knows that you put additives in your fuel, especially in winter. But how do...
More Gearbox News
- A Mobile Driver Training Simulator shows drivers how to handle any situation
Almost everyone considers themselves a good driver. Terry Kearns, a truck driver for nearly...
- Posted September 4, 2015
- Taking a ride in a Peterbilt with Advanced Driver Assist System
It’s amazing to see how many years of technology development came together to enable...
- Posted September 2, 2015
- It’s not a revolution. The autonomous truck has been developing for more than two decades.
This year, Freightliner and Peterbilt demonstrated their autonomous trucks to an eager trucking industry...
- Posted September 1, 2015
- Truck tires have developed into sophisticated tools of fuel economy
There are many factors that affect the fuel mileage attained by any given vehicle,...
- Posted July 6, 2015
- An axle that disconnects when you don’t need it
The latest trend in engine design is “downspeeding.” It has nothing to do with...
- Posted July 1, 2015
- Downspeeding engines make it easy for drivers to enjoy the ride while saving on fuel
The vast majority of CDL holders today came into our industry learning certain fundamentals...
- Posted March 3, 2015
- Exhaust emissions? They barely exist now. But wait, there’s more to be done.
It’s been more than 15 years since the EPA started regulating pollution from truck...
- Posted March 2, 2015