- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
John Anderson in Concert at the Walcott Truckers Jamboree
Iowa 80 Truckstop is pleased to announce Country Music Legend John Anderson will be performing at the 35 Annual Walcott Truckers Jamboree on Friday, July 11th at 7:00 p.m. The concert is being sponsored by Mobil Delvac™.
“John Anderson is a country music legend who has taken the stage at two previous Mobil Delvac-sponsored concerts, and we’re confident he will deliver yet another unforgettable performance for the hard-working truckers and local community members in attendance,” said Marci Crigger, commercial vehicle lubricants marketing advisor at ExxonMobil Fuels and Lubricants.
This year also marks Iowa 80 Truckstop’s 50th Anniversary. “It’s a dual celebration this year,” says Delia Moon Meier. “We are celebrating America’s truckers and celebrating Iowa 80 Truckstop’s 50th Anniversary.”
The 2014 Walcott Truckers Jamboree will feature:
- A Super Truck Beauty Contest
- Antique Truck Display
- Iowa pork chop cookout
- Over 175 exhibits
- Trucker Olympics
- Carnival games
- Live music
- Two fireworks display
- Abirthday party for Iowa 80
Admission and parking are free, and shuttles will be provided from the parking area to the event grounds.
“It’s amazing to think that we started this event 35 years ago. My dad thought we should celebrate and honor drivers, and show them how much we appreciate the job they do,” says Meier.“We can’t think of a better way to say thank you than to celebrate trucking and promote the industry in a positive way. It’s something everyone at Iowa 80 believes in.”
The first Walcott Truckers Jamboree was a small cook-out like event with a few exhibits, live music, and a small display of antique trucks. Last year, the Walcott Truckers Jamboree attracted over 42,000 attendees.
The 35th Annual Walcott Truckers Jamboree, will be held July 10-12, 2014 at Iowa 80 Truckstop, I-80 Exit 284, Walcott, Iowa.