- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "David Kolman"
- Road King Wins 10 TWNA Awards
Road King received a total of 10 awards, including a Best of Graphics 2010 Award, in the Truck Writers of North America (TWNA) Communication Awards.
- Posted April 1, 2011
- Out of This World Tires
Many of the products we take for granted today have come about from technologies developed as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has sent men, women and automated vehicles into space. Cell phones, cordless power tools...
- Posted February 16, 2011
- Pinewood Derby Trucks
The CVSN Pinewood Challenge is a spinoff of the Boy Scouts’ pinewood derby. However, the CVSN Pinewood Challenge involves 18-wheeled trucks.
- Posted February 8, 2011
- Working on a PACCAR MX Engine
I have a newfound respect for professional truck technicians.This comes from my participation in a hands-on engine tear-down and rebuild at Peterbilt.
- Posted September 15, 2010
- Truck Tires and Gauges
I’ve been using a stick truck tire gauge for as long as I’ve been trucking. However, I’ve never given much thought to how they function.
- Posted September 15, 2010
- Cabovers and James Bond
When I have the time, I browse the Internet looking for a potential used and affordable-on-a-truck-magazine-editor’s meager salary, old cabover to call my own. While I have yet to find one, I did come across another unique...
- Posted September 3, 2010
- Lane Closures Made Easier
A new system in Canada provides a safer and more efficient alternative to hazardous, time-consuming and costly lane closure operations.
- Posted August 9, 2010
- Trucking and Stress
If there was a ranking of the most stressful jobs, I would bet trucking would be in the top 10.
- Posted July 28, 2010
- Roadside Trouble
With every summer season comes more traffic, more road repair and more time planted in the seat due to increased congestion. Traffic congestion is a major annoyance and aggravation that brings added stress, something no trucker wants...
- Posted June 28, 2010
- Bad Drivers in Cars
It’s not your imagination. Drivers of four wheelers are indeed getting worse.
- Posted June 9, 2010