- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "kickin back"
- 4 1/2 Tons of Fun
Sports are defined by their great rivalries. Yankees vs. Red Sox. Packers against Bears. And when it comes to monster truck competition, there is nothing to compare with Grave Digger vs. Maximum Destruction.
- Posted December 30, 2011
- The Other Guy
Some moments in sports history are unforgettable. The Immaculate Reception. The Miracle On Ice. Home run number 715. Fans remember every detail — the what, the where and the who. Or do they?
- Posted November 4, 2011
- Audiobooks: Inside the World of ESPN and More
Reviews of Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN, 10th Anniversary and Carte Blanche.
- Posted September 2, 2011
- Battle Ready
Listen to Chuck Seekamp talk about the Civil War and you might think he’d been a Southern soldier in a past life. In fact, he’s a Confederate in his present life. The retired trucker “went Confederate” some...
- Posted September 1, 2011
- Crafty Catch
Father-son outings to Folsom Lake, near Roseville, Calif., ignited Lance Leavitt’s passion for fishing back in the 1960s. That lake is where the 57-year-old commercial driver landed his first bass, and he continues to return to that...
- Posted July 11, 2011
- Crazy For Crappie
John Harrison can’t recall the first crappie he ever caught. He was just a kid at the time and in the decades that have passed, the Calhoun City, Miss., resident has caught thousands.
- Posted March 4, 2011
- For The Birds
What started as a trickle of white Vs in the distant sky grew into a blizzard of cackling snow geese. Dozens turned into hundreds as the evening sun dropped and then into thousands as the birds locked...
- Posted May 3, 2010