- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "StayFit"
- Drivers have discovered innovative ways to work exercise into their schedules
It’s no secret that driving for several hours straight for several days in a row, and only taking breaks to eat and sleep, can play havoc with your health. You’re a prime target for gaining weight, which...
- Posted March 5, 2013
- Come See Us at MATS
The Mid-America Trucking Show is an incredible event that brings together just about every possible aspect of the industry in one place.
- Posted March 5, 2013
- Healthy New Year
Making the decision to change is the first step to better health, and it takes a bit of extra effort.
- Posted January 2, 2013
- Each Day, Every Day
When National Truck Driver Appreciation Week takes place in September, all of us at TA and Petro will happily cheer along with others in the industry. Truckers deserve the recognition. But we also know that appreciation for...
- Posted September 4, 2012
- Appearance counts at Petro Brazil
Litter has a short life at Petro Brazil in Indiana. Dirt and grime don’t stand a chance either. “Our porter staff are outstanding, and each one of them takes pride in the location and in their job,”...
- Posted July 10, 2012
- On a Roll
There’s a lot happening at TA and Petro lately, all of it part of our effort to offer full service to drivers so that your visit to us is both pleasant and productive.
- Posted July 6, 2012
- Truckers find ways to get fit on the road
Last February, Glenn Keller of Burleson, Texas, was fed up — literally. At 5 feet, 5 inches, the trucker weighed 315 pounds. For 10 years, he suffered from sleep apnea, a potentially life-threatening condition linked to...
- Posted July 3, 2012
- What to eat pre- and post-exercise to ensure you get the most benefits out of your workout
If you’re carving time out of your busy schedule for working out, make sure you’re setting yourself up for success by eating right before and after you get moving. Wondering what meals and snacks make the most...
- Posted May 4, 2012
- Pretty Pleaser: Petro Spokane
Drivers who stop at the Petro Spokane are impressed by the surroundings and decor of the location. Then they realize that its beauty is not just skin deep.
- Posted March 6, 2012
- Make the Trip
If you’ve never made the trip to Louisville, Kentucky, to attend the Mid-America Trucking Show, or MATS, I highly recommend putting it on your to-do list.
- Posted March 5, 2012