- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "truck maintenance"
- Be Particular About Particulate Matter
by: Homer Hogg, Manager for Technical Development for TA-Petro In 2007, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) introduced a set of emissions standards to be applied to on-highway diesel engines. These standards require almost zero Particulate Matter to be...
- Posted July 1, 2016
- Keep Tire ROI Rollin’
3 Tips help optimize your investment Whether you’re an owner-operator or a fleet driver, tires represent a significant part of your operating costs. You can help optimize your “tire returns” by regularly engaging in three key maintenance...
- Posted July 1, 2016
- Parasite on Board
After parking your truck for two or three days, have you ever returned just to learn that it would not crank? It could be a simple case of forgetting to turn off the lights or leaving some...
- Posted March 1, 2016
- Bubble, bubble means toil and trouble!
If your engine feels sluggish or you’re seeing reduced miles per gallon, the problem could be in your fuel. Mileage and performance suffer when fuel does not meet the engine manufacturer’s minimum specifications for quality. Diesel engines...
- Posted September 1, 2015
- A few minutes of investigating can lead you to the cause of an ABS alert
Any warning light warrants attention, but the ABS light on the dash of your truck or the side indicator light on your trailer should never be shrugged off. It indicates a malfunction with your ABS system, which...
- Posted May 4, 2015
- The mechanics behind slowing down and stopping are not so simple anymore
Take a short walk around a truck and you will notice the evolution of the brake system. This has become a very sophisticated bit of engineering, often due to the need to meet six requirements of the...
- Posted March 2, 2015
- The power of preventative maintenance done right on schedule
Arguably, the single most important thing you can do to control your maintenance cost is a quality preventative maintenance visit — on time every time. The power of discovering potential failures before they actually occur is undeniable....
- Posted January 2, 2015
- Getting to know engine oils on a molecular level
There is little debate that oil is the life of an engine. Certainly, reducing friction is the key purpose for engine oil, but these days it also plays a part in fuel efficiency, emissions control, metals protection,...
- Posted August 27, 2014
- Stay current with A/C maintenance and smile through the summer heat
Fixing a broken A/C can break the bank. The answer is good maintenance practices.
- Posted May 12, 2014
- Quality counts when trucks go in for preventative maintenance
Whether you are a one-truck operation or manage a fleet with thousands of vehicles, the single most important control you have for sustaining and improving profitability is a relatively simple one.
- Posted March 7, 2014