- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "truck maintenance"
- Understanding the air dryers now available in new brake systems
Can we agree that the brake system is a vitally important part of your truck? Certainly you want to feel confident that your brakes are working at peak performance.
- Posted September 1, 2013
- A little bit of planning will keep those batteries charged
Imagine waking up before sunrise filled with anticipation of a great day of trucking ahead of you, only to notice that your cab is far hotter than expected. You have a sick feeling about what’s coming next,...
- Posted July 1, 2013
- Understanding how to keep fuel costs down — that’s how you roll
Want to save fuel? Of course you do. Any truck operator has fuel economy as a top priority. But with so many products on the market promising savings, and the need to optimize every dollar spent, how...
- Posted May 1, 2013
- Keep your truck in shape for the dark, cold days of winter
Operating a large vehicle with heavy cargo is dangerous year round, but during the winter additional safety precautions are necessary. Key truck components and systems must be maintained so that they operate at peak capability during these...
- Posted January 2, 2013
- Exhaust Topics: Good maintenance protects aftertreatment system
There was a time when trucks rolling down the highway billowed heavy black smoke from two exhaust stacks. Sure, it looked cool, but that smoke contained tiny bits of junk.
- Posted November 2, 2012
- Properly functioning air conditioning is about safety as well as comfort
It’s hot! And in some cities, it’s hot and sticky. If you find yourself saying, “Please let my air conditioning system work today!” then you need to continue reading for tips on keeping your AC system in...
- Posted July 5, 2012
- If it Moves, Lube it!
One of the most overlooked maintenance requirements of the modern over-the-road vehicle is lubrication. This is of great concern because it is critical that each component is lubed at the right time with the right lube.
- Posted March 1, 2012
- Braking Bad
My hope for all drivers is that they will never experience how emergency brake systems work. But if the need arises, it’s good to be aware of what happens to make those systems function at peak level.
- Posted December 30, 2011
- Truck Talk
Anyone who drives or works with trucks knows that it is now an electronic world. In the old days when vehicles used electrical systems rather than computer chips, all a driver had to alert them that something...
- Posted November 3, 2011
- Pre-Fix Menu
Even though many of us would like to think of trucking as a lifestyle (showing classic, long nose trucks, with their broad, flat shiny bumpers and dual chrome stacks), it is first and foremost a business. To...
- Posted September 6, 2011