- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
It’s great that truckers get recognized during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (Aug. 24-30 this year). After all, the rest of the country should understand what TA has known for decades — the American truck driver deserves our thanks and respect.
We see you on the job every day just like us, so I hope you feel you’re among friends when you visit a TA. And what are friends for, if not to entertain you, feed you and make you comfortable?
As far as entertainment goes, we have a great video game on hand, free of charge, for drivers. Anyone who grew up spending all their quarters on the latest video game will get a kick out of the Global Arcade in our drivers lounge. It has everything from 1980s favorite Space Invaders to current arcade obsession Golden Tee II.
Feeding you? Our sit-down restaurants offer a huge variety of foods, with changing menus that vary from region to region. Most offer buffets and salad bars, so you can dig into a good hearty meal and come back for seconds if you like. If time is an issue, we have a good choice of quick service restaurants, and grab-and-go food through Café Express.
And of course we want you to feel comfortable. In the past year we added locations and renovated existing locations. Drivers have more places to stop where they can find the hallmark TA service and amenities.
Your visit to TA should be pleasant the whole way through, with our staff ready to go the extra mile. If you don’t leave with a smile on your face, we haven’t done our job.
On behalf of everyone at TA, thank you for all that you do.